Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Here's to a happy, healthy new year for us all!! Unfortunately my Ixempra treatments aren't working (my tumor markers are the highest they've ever been) so after PET scan later this month I'm assuming I'll switch to a new protocol.

It's so disheartening because when a treatment doesn't work, it basically means that the cancer has been growing unchecked for the past 6-8 weeks, will be almost 10 weeks by the time they confirm with PET scan then a crap shoot to see if another treatment will work.  And this time, I'm definitely feeling it...whether it's chemo side effects or the cancer, who knows, but my liver and bones hurt, feel like i have the flu, chills, runny nose, and can't eat anything.  Well, i had half an almond joy candy bar yesterday;) and Leslie and Chris cooked us a lovely NYE meal of garlic parm shrimp pasta that smelled amazing and that I could not even get past my lips:( Had a couple sips of Will's Sam Adams beer, tho so I think I'm getting all my food groups! Don't worry, Will ate my share;)

Colleen and I leave for Iceland to see the Northern Lights next Wednesday, i have to be feeling better by then!! I have cute snow pants to wear!! fingers crossed!!!





1 comment:

  1. UGH!! So why can't they do PET scan sooner?? Now!!Yes, I know, naïve expectations.....but gesh...common sense doctors, insurance companies,etc.?
    Didn't know you were going to Iceland,but please feel well for it.
    Love you lots! XOXO

    ReplyDelete