Saturday, January 18, 2014

Lucky me:)

No, seriously, after the past couple weeks i now really realize how lucky, how healthy, I've been for the past 6 years! Since my last chemo (Dec 30) I've been feeling sick, nauseated, throwing up and in pain. Damn! it seems worse when i read back over it!
Colleen and I went to Iceland and had a fantastic time, and I think Col probably lost some weight cuz i was a terrible restaurant date! Thank goodness I felt well enough most of the trip that we experienced Iceland to the max:) It is stunning!!
Anyway, I had a PET scan last Tuesday after we got home, and the results were not good.  As we suspected from my tumor markers, this chemo hasn't helped at all, and the cancer shows marked progression, particularly in my liver, which is always the biggest concern.  That also explains why I'm feeling so crappy and the pain I have in my abdomen. Dr Hug says that what I'm feeling is caused by the cancer progression, as well as a reaction to the chemo, so no more of that chemo since its not working anyway.
On Monday, I'll begin one of two new chemo options, either Gemcitabine or  Navelbine, depends on Dr Hug's team meeting and feelings, as well as my own research.  They seem similar in their lack of severe side effects.  Fingers crossed that this one can knock the cancer back down again and let me feel better!

2 comments:

  1. Iceland!?! Wow. That's quite a trip and I'd love to see it someday too. I'm glad you've been so "lucky" but hope that you have even more luck on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thinking of you! Did you do a hot mineral bath in the warm lakes of Iceland? I hope you did and found some relief. Keep shining like the North Star and show us the way............

    ReplyDelete